about nancy tillman
Born in Birmingham, Alabama in 1954, Nancy spent most of her growing up years in Columbus, Georgia. After graduating from Rollins College in 1976 with a degree in English Literature, Nancy co-founded an advertising agency in Dallas, Texas. She left the agency in the early 80s to start a family. As she often says, "I was very fortunate that my husband had a job that let me stay home and raise my children. It's what I dearly wanted to do."
Nancy self-published her first book, On the Night You Were Born, in 2005. Her goal with On the Night You Were Born, and subsequent books, has always been to give parents words to say what they feel about their children. Nancy’s illustrations are created digitally using dozens of layers of illustrative elements. These layers are eventually merged to form a composite, at which point texture and mixed media are applied.
Nancy’s books are published by Feiwel and Friends, an imprint of Macmillan. Thus far five of her books have been New York Times bestsellers.
Nancy lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, a pug and a Swiss Mountain Dog. She’d have a giraffe if she could, but her husband won’t let her.
- On the Night You Were Born, 2005 -- New York Times Bestseller.
- It’s Time to Sleep, My Love (with Eric Metaxas) 2008
- The Spirit of Christmas, 2009
- Wherever You Are, My Love will Find You, 2010 -- New York Times Bestseller.
- Tumford the Terrible, 2011
- The Crown on Your Head, 2011 -- New York Times Bestseller.
- Tumford’s Rude Noises, 2012
- Let There Be Light, (with Desmond Tutu) 2013
- I’d Know You Anywhere, My Love, 2013 -- New York Times Bestseller.
- The Heaven of Animals, 2014
- You’re Here for a Reason, 2015 -- New York Times Bestseller.
- You and Me and the Wishing Tree, 2016
Nancy Tillman is represented by Cathy Hemming, Cathy D. Hemming Literary Agency in association with McCormick & Williams.
Have you met Tumford?
All Nancy Tillman books are published by Feiwel & Friends.
Visit them at feiwelandfriends.com